Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Marriage Mistake recommendation

By: M.

Hello,

Do you like going to public libraries? Because I do... a lot.
And yesterday I went to my local library with one of my dearest friends, Dm. It's been our tradition since graduating high school. During our busy semesters at uni and studying in different cities these library meet ups helped us to keep in touch and remain great friends 'till this day. :) 
Personally I love coming to library on my own too. Just like that, with no particular book in my mind to borrow. I like browsing through shelves and reading random pages without that look or guilty feeling you might get at bookstores for reading but not buying. You know what I mean? :D Also, I prefer calmness & let's be honest emptiness of the libraries to the crowds in bookstores. 


Lately I don't read as much as I used to and it's really starting to bother me. I want to change it this summer, so I borrowed three books (How optimistic of me, right? But I have decided to trust myself and command myself to accomplish this resolution of mine.) 
Books I borrowed are:
- Romantic lady by W.S. Maugham
- Timequake by K. Vonnegut
- 1984 by G. Orwell

Reason? I've heard & seen many good quotes by them. I'm sucker for good quotes even though I rarely remember them. Maybe that's why I'm in constant search of them. :) I've always admired writers for their ability to reveal you knowledge of the world, life & love just through one or three sentences.


Also, when we were at the library, some employee put this book in a shelf next to us & told us: "Here you go girls, read it." And it would not be weird and kind of funny if it wasn't for the book's title, The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst. I guess she was trying to tell us something...? Aaand maybe I will give it a try library employee, thanks for recommendation.

Have you read any of these books, guys? Let me know.

Until next time, be happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment